Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Questions for Mr Davies

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    World
    Posts
    20,082
    vCash
    0

    Questions for Mr Davies

    1-Who's idea was it? Surely whoever pitched the idea wanted it more, if the Tigers pitched the idea and we succumbed then its pathetic

    2-Who will foot the bill for redesigning the grounds attire? Will the seats remain blue? A stadium with some green and some blue seats will look tatty.

    3-Who will control the ground?

    4-Will the company set up to buy the ground be completely independant from sport or will it be made up of LCFC and Tigers Execs who will just see this as a chance to further line their pockets.

    5-What exactly will they do about the pitch, being told that "measures will be put in place" falls well short of a reason. Also, who will foot the bill for the numerous turf chances that is bound to be necessary?

    6-Will LCFC fixtures be given priority, after all we were here first!

    7-How much more money will this mean for Craig Levein to spend on players/contracts bearing into mind all the costs of refitting the stadium and all the upheaval.

    8-Do you, Mr Davies, receive any personal bonus or tangible reward for pushing this deal through.

    9-What do you mean by a super stadium? Surely painting it a bit will not change it. Are the Tigers planning to pay for an upgrade, a new tier?

    10-Why do you continually piss the LCFC fans off.
    Best Contributor 03,04,05
    Funniest Poster 03,04
    Posters' Poster 03
    Lifetime Achievement Award 05

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,059
    vCash
    750
    I sent Tim davies an E-Mail yesterday just to ask why the fans weren't consulted and to be fair he has replied.He says nothing as been finalised and gave me his mobile number to give him a call!!! I did send it from the buisness e-Mail address so he might think I have a few grand to give him.
    Highland Fox Jan 2004-September 2009
    Thanks for the Memories

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Rockhampton
    Posts
    921
    vCash
    750
    everything read so far says it been agreed in principle, so nothing final, which would suggest it's the tigers who are pushing this and getting there "artist" impressions!
    "I'm not drunk, I'm just exhausted from a night of drinking" - Peter Griffin

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,959
    vCash
    750
    everyone who has emailed him has received the same reply.


    1:i heard Timbo on RL say THEY went to the Tigers about it.

    2: the holding company i expect. it would look awful having all those colours-better to be bland and boring and have all white seats!!

    3: the holding company again i would think

    4: heard the Tigers chairman on RL this morning,didn't quite catch it all( i was busy meself!!) but i got the impression it'll be between the clubs.

    5: Birch on Century last night said the new pitch resources ARE expensive but both clubs think it will work. and imo seeing as it's the rugger lot who cut up the pitches more than football then THEY should.

    6:the one thing i can understand! we are home one week,Tigers at home next. so theorectically there should be NO fixture chashes on Saturdays anymore. of course then we have to deal with the various Cup games.

    7:already seen it said that it will be a cash injection into the ground which means NO extra money for playing staff

    8:are we really likely to find that out?

    9:would the tigers fill a 40k seater ground?? and IF we suddenly become a Premiership force(well ok, not suddenly perhaps) and wanted to upgrade it would that half be willing to stump up half the cost-especially if they only need it being the capacity it is now?

    10: why change the habit of a lifetime??

  5. #5
    Senior Member Space Invaders Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    13,192
    vCash
    750
    what is his email address???
    Sven-P46 W21 D10 L14 F83 A67 W45 (Bury)(Schlupp-4)
    Nige-P106 W55 D29 L22 F168 A104- W51%

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,959
    vCash
    750
    timdavies@lcfc.co.uk


    just got read this on the OS boards from Shummy(who has posted on here in the past)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...... I've just spoken to a 'Man' in the know at Welford Road...

    a) It's more or less a done deal (Stadium naming rights causing issues)

    b) City will fund this as it will be easier than carrying on the way they are currently paying back the creditors (?)

    c) At least this way they actually own 50% of the stadium

    d) The picth is big enough under the rules of the RFU

    e) Stadium will be kitted out 50/50 of colours of both sides

    He is supposed to ring back later, so will try and get more.

    I wanna know about ticket office, megastore etc.

    I'm afraid this is looking likely to happen, no matter what WE (the important people) think.

    Shum

    ---------------------------------------------------------

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,925
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by beaumontfox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    6:the one thing i can understand! we are home one week,Tigers at home next.
    But we won't have a home, and never will again because half of it will forever belong to the Leicester Tigers. 120 years down the pan...the 'celebrations' have all of a sudden turned into a wake.

    If we carry on the way we are we will one day own the Stadium for LCFC and LCFC alone...the quick fix is just a new way of selling our future out!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,059
    vCash
    750
    As I understand it the football League will not change the fixtures to suit both parties so if we are ever playing at home on following Saturdays then we will have to sort it,likewise the Rugby Powers that be won't change fixtures.Theres a report on it in todays Independent.
    Highland Fox Jan 2004-September 2009
    Thanks for the Memories

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    9,959
    vCash
    750
    i agree with what you say... just saying from a fixture point of view.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729
    vCash
    750
    Looking forward to the brand new "Friday Night Family Fun Football-like Experience" down at the Tigerfox Multi-function Multi-sports generic non-affiliated Super Stadium

    Followed by a Rugby game on Saturday
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Rockhampton
    Posts
    921
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by beaumontfox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    6:the one thing i can understand! we are home one week,Tigers at home next.
    But we won't have a home, and never will again because half of it will forever belong to the Leicester Tigers. 120 years down the pan...the 'celebrations' have all of a sudden turned into a wake.

    If we carry on the way we are we will one day own the Stadium for LCFC and LCFC alone...the quick fix is just a new way of selling our future out!
    our new home is the same as everyone elses new home, IMO we should have stayed at filbert street and deveolped that. walkers stadium has no character, yes it's our home, but put in red seats and it's southamptons home, put in white and black seats and it's derby's home. we sold our heritage, history, etc to the developers of the filbert village flats!
    "I'm not drunk, I'm just exhausted from a night of drinking" - Peter Griffin

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by beaumontfox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    timdavies@lcfc.co.uk


    just got read this on the OS boards from Shummy(who has posted on here in the past)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...... I've just spoken to a 'Man' in the know at Welford Road...

    a) It's more or less a done deal (Stadium naming rights causing issues)

    b) City will fund this as it will be easier than carrying on the way they are currently paying back the creditors (?)

    c) At least this way they actually own 50% of the stadium

    d) The picth is big enough under the rules of the RFU

    e) Stadium will be kitted out 50/50 of colours of both sides

    He is supposed to ring back later, so will try and get more.

    I wanna know about ticket office, megastore etc.

    I'm afraid this is looking likely to happen, no matter what WE (the important people) think.

    Shum

    ---------------------------------------------------------

    We met with City last night

    1) Naming rights belong to Walkers for 10 years - so not an issue, the fact that Walkers will now get more for their money & therefore should cough up more is something we raised last night.

    2) The exact financial set up is not finalised

    3) Certainly not agreed on 50/50 colours
    for latest news from the Trust visit www.foxestrust.com

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SE4 Innit, was Earl Shilton
    Posts
    124
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxes_Trust
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly not agreed on 50/50 colours
    as far as i can see, the nearest precedent is the Madejski Stadium

    correct if i'm wrong but:-

    1) Reading FC get priority over fixtures (and London Irish play a lot of sunday games)
    2) the seats are all Reading colours
    3) the pitch holds up ok
    4) no-one moans about lack of identity
    5) everyone always goes on about Reading as one of the most financially best run clubs in the land
    regards

    ol penney the se4 fox

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,059
    vCash
    750
    But don't Reading own their ground and the Rugby team just pay them to play there where as here it would be a third party.
    Highland Fox Jan 2004-September 2009
    Thanks for the Memories

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729
    vCash
    750
    The ground belongs to the football club, has always been owned by the football club, and will always be owned by the football club

    NB for "football club" read Mr bankrolling Madjeski (hence the financial staus of the club)

    Might as well compare beer with cesspit scum water - me and Highland will confirm that there really is no comparison at all
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Yer mother
    Posts
    2,074
    vCash
    750
    apart from the point about the pitch boys. Which people are still wittering on about.
    That's it Stoufer, you help

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,059
    vCash
    750
    Sod them Dunc
    Highland Fox Jan 2004-September 2009
    Thanks for the Memories

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    12,007
    vCash
    750
    Last FM: GrazDay
    Quote Originally Posted by se4_fox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxes_Trust
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly not agreed on 50/50 colours
    as far as i can see, the nearest precedent is the Madejski Stadium

    correct if i'm wrong but:-

    1) Reading FC get priority over fixtures (and London Irish play a lot of sunday games)
    2) the seats are all Reading colours
    3) the pitch holds up ok
    4) no-one moans about lack of identity
    5) everyone always goes on about Reading as one of the most financially best run clubs in the land

    I've been to the Madejski a few times (Reading's my closest club), and as I far as I can remember it's basically all Reading there. The rugby club just play there, it's not got any of their stuff there..

  19. #19
    Senior Member Eskiv Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,565
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by se4_fox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxes_Trust
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly not agreed on 50/50 colours
    as far as i can see, the nearest precedent is the Madejski Stadium

    correct if i'm wrong but:-

    1) Reading FC get priority over fixtures (and London Irish play a lot of sunday games)
    2) the seats are all Reading colours
    3) the pitch holds up ok
    4) no-one moans about lack of identity
    5) everyone always goes on about Reading as one of the most financially best run clubs in the land
    I've been to the Madejski a few times (Reading's my closest club), and as I far as I can remember it's basically all Reading there. The rugby club just play there, it's not got any of their stuff there..
    thats because reading FC own the stadium. we will only own half of it therefore only entitled to half of it.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SE4 Innit, was Earl Shilton
    Posts
    124
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by FOXFAN
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by se4_fox
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxes_Trust
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Certainly not agreed on 50/50 colours
    as far as i can see, the nearest precedent is the Madejski Stadium

    correct if i'm wrong but:-

    1) Reading FC get priority over fixtures (and London Irish play a lot of sunday games)
    2) the seats are all Reading colours
    3) the pitch holds up ok
    4) no-one moans about lack of identity
    5) everyone always goes on about Reading as one of the most financially best run clubs in the land
    I've been to the Madejski a few times (Reading's my closest club), and as I far as I can remember it's basically all Reading there. The rugby club just play there, it's not got any of their stuff there..
    thats because reading FC own the stadium. we will only own half of it therefore only entitled to half of it.
    i used to work next to the stadium, it is all Reading

    but like foxfan says, it's because they own it

    it's a double-edged sword, because we don't own the ground we need a lodger and for the same reason we might well get a red/green away end

    personally i don't think they'll change the seats, too much cost surely
    regards

    ol penney the se4 fox

  21. #21
    What colour seats we sit in is hardly a major problem is it! I think the financial stability of the club is slightly more important ffs.

    There are many ways around it. E.g. All white seats with 3 bands of colour (Blue, Green, Red) running through the middle. Nice!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •