1. Please be nice to each other. Personal abuse is not allowed. If you disagree with someone, tell them why rather than resorting to name calling.
2. Don't post spam. Established members who post regularly are allowed to post links to their own websites, but people who appear to have registered just to post link spam will be banned without warning. If you have recently registered and want to publicise something you think would be of interest to forum members, please ask for permission first. This is a zero tolerance rule. It applies to all new members, whether you represent a charity, the media or anyone else who thinks the rules shouldn't apply to them. You will be banned if you ignore this rule. People who post spam also have their IP address, user name and email address added to a spammers database, which will be used to deny you access to other websites.
3. Swearing is allowed. The system will automatically censor some words. Don't try to circumvent this by using a different spelling or using asterisks. The swear filter is turned on by default, but you can disable it at the bottom of this page: http://talkingballs.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions
4. Duplicate registrations are not allowed. If you are banned or suspended, and then register under a new name, your ban will become permanent.
5. You must not post anything libellous, anything that breaches copyright laws, or anything that breaks the law or encourages people to break the law. Racist, sexist, homophobic, threatening and harrassing posts are not allowed.
6. You must have a valid email address registered to your account at all times. Although you can opt out of receiving emails from the site, it is important that you have a valid email address in the event you forget your password. New passwords will only be sent to the email address registered with your account.
Emails sent by the forum for things such as personal message or thread update notifications contain unsubscribe instructions at the bottom. Please unsubscribe properly. Don't report these as spam, or this may affect your (and other people's) ability to receive emails from us in the future, such as new password emails.
We often receive bounce emails messages, from people whose email address is no longer valid. If this continues for more than a few days your status may be downgraded to "awaiting email notification", and you will have to add a working email address to your account before regaining full forum access.
If you want to change your email address, you can do it here: http://talkingballs.co.uk/profile.php?do=editpassword
7. Anything that may be allowed on the forum but could be considered unsuitable for viewing in the workplace (pictures featuring nudity, for example), should be posted in the Not Work Safe forum.
8. When posting please post in English. This is not Twitter or a text message, you're not going to run out of space, so please don't use unnecessary abbreviations. Don't post in all capitals. Thread titles should relate to the contents of the thread, and give an idea of the thread contents. Please use an appropriate thread prefix when available. When posting pre/post/match thread, include the names of both teams in the thread title, without using nicknames. This makes it easier for people to find threads, and makes them more visible in Google and Twitter. Posts and threads that don't follow this rule may be deleted without warning.
9. Do not post links to
streamsof football matches, unless they are official streams, or if the match is not being shown on TV in the UK.
10. You must be aged 16 or over to be a member.
11. Reselling football tickets is illegal in the UK. If you have a spare ticket you want to sell, you may advertise it for sale on Talking Balls as long as you are not asking for more than face value.
12. You are responsible for the content of your posts. IP addresses are recorded when you register and each time you post. Details that we hold about you may be released to whomever we may be required to do so by law.
13. Infractions and/or warnings will be given for a breach of any of the above rules. Serious or repeated infringements of these rules will result in a ban. 5 infraction points results in a 3 day suspension. 10 points is a 2 week ban. Typically an infraction is worth 3 points, but serious offences can result in a permanent ban.
Your personal details and email address will not be passed on to any third party unless we are required to do so by law. Only the site administrators have access to your email address and date of birth. Moderators have access to your IP address.
By registering with the forum you are giving us permission to send you occasional promotional emails regarding our products and services. This happens very occasionally - over the life of the forum this has averaged less than once a year. You can opt out of receiving these by unticking the "receive email from administrators" box here: http://talkingballs.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions
Cookies are used on this website, to enable the site to function correctly. Cookies are not used to track your surfing habits. If you turn off cookies the site will not work correctly.
Some links on the site are affiliate links, that allow us to earn a commission if you buy something via those links. When you click on these links cookies are used to ensure that we can be identified as the sending site.
The forum rules also apply to private messages. Please be aware that the site administrator has access to the database that holds private messages, and they can be viewed if people are thought to be sending messages that break forum rules. For example if it's noticed that a new member hasn't made any posts but has sent a lot of private messages, this may be investigated as this is usually an indication that PMs are being used to send spam.
We may occasionally use content posted here on other websites (with appropriate credit). If you would like posts you make not to be used in this way, please indicate this in your post.