Results 1 to 93 of 93

Thread: Christian Fuchs

  1. #1
    El Dude Brother.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hinckley
    Posts
    25,343

    Christian Fuchs

    Austrian Captain and left back confirmed.
    CGlqD67W0AAc3pj.jpg
    Last edited by Durham Fox; 03-06-2015 at 05:19:31 PM.
    Peter Penis

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Talos
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Solid signing I think in a much needed position. Looking forward to seeing him play.
    It's alive Jeff, but not as we know it.

  3. #3
    El Dude Brother.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Hinckley
    Posts
    25,343

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Champions league experience and a set piece specialist too thank god!
    Peter Penis

  4. #4

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Where the Fuchs did that come from?

    Good signing! Priority number 1 position sorted there I think. Good, experienced player and a good age and on a free.

    Happy with this one!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kings Langley
    Posts
    686

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Looks a good quality signing and free.

    Top marks for the use of the market.

  6. #6

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Great signing from what ive read. Does this mean Schlupp is on his way out? I hope not!

    He isn't the best footballer in the squad but hes only 22 and has the potential to be awesome. Hopefully this will push him to improve even more. I highly doubt we'd sell one of our best prospects.

  7. #7

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Superb news. Now we definitely don't need Konchesky. Next up Nige, get Huth's name on a contract. Then another decent midfielder to fill in for James and we are well away.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    reppin' LE2
    Posts
    6,547
    Last FM: m17ttc

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Fuching good signing.
    Our liquid lives, this is how we all survive.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Very interesting signing
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    I like Turtles
    Posts
    20,786

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Nice, very nice
    "I touched my head and I could see the blood but it was OK and I will be ready"

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    6,585

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Never seen the bloke play, but he checks a LOT of boxes, doesn't he?

    1. Not Paul Konchesky
    2. Not Paul Konchesky
    3. Vastly experienced
    4. In his prime
    5. Free

    Lovely jubbly.
    SportingNews - aol.sportingnews.com

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mountsorrel
    Posts
    8,351
    Last FM: mmmmmoz

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Away View Post
    Never seen the bloke play, but he checks a LOT of boxes, doesn't he?

    1. Not Paul Konchesky
    2. Not Paul Konchesky
    3. Vastly experienced
    4. In his prime
    5. Free

    Lovely jubbly.
    6. Not Paul Koncheskey.
    #stayedupwithhomer

  13. #13

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Very impressed that he's captain of a decent Austria side, speaks volumes that he should have the right 'character'.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    What does the Fuchs say?
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  15. #15

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Really excellent start to summer transfer business. Two strong left sided wing backs now, hoping we keep Schlupp. Maybe they can double up on that left side like Baines and the other guy did for Everton a few seasons back.

    Really good start to summer business. When you consider 4 PL teams don't even have a Manager yet, Nigel and Rudkin are getting well ahead of the game

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Rio Rico, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    8,141

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by tedfoxxx View Post
    6. Not Paul Koncheskey.
    7. And like our youth team, Christian definitely Fuchs.

  17. #17

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
    7. And like our youth team, Christian definitely Fuchs.
    8. Still not Paul Konchesky
    9. Oh, look... more Lambas bread

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    4,301

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by SWFox View Post

    When you consider 4 PL teams don't even have a Manager yet
    Sunderland, Newcastle, West Ham - who am I missing?
    Jesus loves me, I just like him as a friend. It's kinda awkward!

  19. #19

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Very interesting signing
    What's your predictor saying?
    Prediction Cup 2007/2008 - Runner Up
    Euro 2008 Prediction Cup - Runner Up

  20. #20
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    Posts
    29,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: jefff66

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by londonfox View Post
    Sunderland, Newcastle, West Ham - who am I missing?
    Have Watford got a new manager yet?

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by londonfox View Post
    Sunderland, Newcastle, West Ham - who am I missing?
    Have Watford confirmed a new one yet?

    Chuffing 7 seconds.
    Last edited by Matt_B; 03-06-2015 at 08:23:40 PM.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mountsorrel
    Posts
    8,351
    Last FM: mmmmmoz

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
    7. And like our youth team, Christian definitely Fuchs.
    He has baby son, so there's evidence to back that up.
    #stayedupwithhomer

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    10,287
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    His surname is Austrain for fox. Another John de Wolf situation?
    "Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about."

  24. #24

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Have Watford got a new manager yet?
    That's the other one I had in mind although their weird ownership model means they have been doing business and signing players before the Manager has been appointed. Can't imagine whoever it turns out to be has had much of a say.

    Maybe I'm too old school but that seems a strange way to build a team to me.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    10,287
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiSweetChilli View Post
    Great signing from what ive read. Does this mean Schlupp is on his way out? I hope not!

    He isn't the best footballer in the squad but hes only 22 and has the potential to be awesome. Hopefully this will push him to improve even more. I highly doubt we'd sell one of our best prospects.
    I'm assuming he's more a replacement for Konchesky.
    "Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance he'd eat you and everyone you care about."

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Fox View Post
    What's your predictor saying?
    I predict he likes to have a tongue up his ringpiece
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Profondo Rosso View Post
    His surname is Austrain for fox. Another John de Wolf situation?
    Is Austrain (or Austrian as some say) a language?
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  28. #28
    Mr Tambourine Man
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Garden of England
    Posts
    38,592
    Last FM: bocadillofox

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Have Watford got a new manager yet?

    I don't think Jokanovic has gone yet.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    I predict he likes to have a tongue up his ringpiece
    Who doesn't nowadays?

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fecking
    Posts
    22,186
    Blog Entries
    2
    Last FM: spionfox

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Away View Post
    Never seen the bloke play, but he checks a LOT of boxes, doesn't he?

    1. Not Paul Konchesky
    2. Not Paul Konchesky
    3. Vastly experienced
    4. In his prime
    5. Free

    Lovely jubbly.
    Bit cruel on Konchesky IMHO. The real factors are:

    1 - He hasn't got a twat cut like Vardy
    2 - He looks like he is mature and not a potential 'problem'.
    3 - Hopefully he hasn't got a baby Bentley with personalised number plates.
    4 - He isn't Paul Konche..... ah shit!
    "we are crap and you are champions elect" - Rich B 21/04/14

  31. #31

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Profondo Rosso View Post
    I'm assuming he's more a replacement for Konchesky.
    Check out the footage on You Tube. This guy is far more attacking and dynamic than the pedestrian Konchesky.

    I'm thinking Fuchs and Schlupp, although sounding like a dodgy German porn duo, could be quite a double act. Imagine 2 overlapping fast wing backs whipping crosses in for our attackers. I'm excited

  32. #32

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    I predict he likes to have a tongue up his ringpiece
    Prediction Cup 2007/2008 - Runner Up
    Euro 2008 Prediction Cup - Runner Up

  33. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prudhoe
    Posts
    8,996

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by SWFox View Post
    Check out the footage on You Tube. This guy is far more attacking and dynamic than the pedestrian Konchesky.

    I'm thinking Fuchs and Schlupp, although sounding like a dodgy German porn duo, could be quite a double act. Imagine 2 overlapping fast wing backs whipping crosses in for our attackers. I'm excited
    Schluppy Fuchs, overlapping?
    there's only 1 keegan!!!!

  34. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Up North in South Yorkshire surrounded by Wednesday and Blades fans
    Posts
    11,407

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Still who hasn't had Schluppy Fuchs

  35. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    4,169
    Last FM: TornadoShaunUK

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Bolt out of the blue. Top props for keeping that one nicely under wraps, I'm sure if Nige had his way all of his transfers would be like that. Fantastic signing though.
    We've had more managers than you've had hot dinners...

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: Mawsley

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    I really like that we can sign good players, and it's brilliant to have some positive news. Great work again, Nige.
    Look at my team, my team is amazing

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_B View Post
    Who doesn't nowadays?
    Paul Konchesky

    The complete bastard
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  38. #38

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Right, this is interesting.

    Will he play on the left of a back 3, or LB in back 4.. or maybe both.

  39. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    4,349

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Rumours that Schlupp is wanted by Arsenal.
    Ooh ahh Mustapha! 9 years of brilliance. Thanks a lot Muzzy!

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    6,585

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Good news....he still isn't Paul Konchesky.
    SportingNews - aol.sportingnews.com

  41. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leicester/London
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by TornadoShaunUK View Post
    Bolt out of the blue. Top props for keeping that one nicely under wraps, I'm sure if Nige had his way all of his transfers would be like that. Fantastic signing though.
    NP must have learned from all the talk about Fanni last summer, once it slipped out and everyone got wind of it it just became a mess
    It is never too late to be what you might have been.

  42. #42
    Alzheimers sufferer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    17,473
    Last FM: TheBlueManiac

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by LES Fox View Post
    Right, this is interesting.

    Will he play on the left of a back 3, or LB in back 4.. or maybe both.
    Or neither?

  43. #43

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Can't really fault that as a first signing in a much needed position.

    I've lost count) He isn't Konchesky.

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by LCFC'sGodWears9 View Post
    Can't really fault that as a first signing in a much needed position.

    I've lost count) He isn't Konchesky.
    Boc might help you with that. Or maybe not.
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  45. #45

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by LCFC'sGodWears9 View Post
    Can't really fault that as a first signing in a much needed position.

    I've lost count) He isn't Konchesky.
    Sounds promising. Thee will be times that we want to go 442 so i expect both him and Schlupp to get plenty of games.

  46. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Up North in South Yorkshire surrounded by Wednesday and Blades fans
    Posts
    11,407

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Last edited by Motown Fox; 03-06-2015 at 11:30:30 PM.

  47. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    What does the Fuchs say?

    This is what the Fuchs says;

    http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/cit...-2480024.aspx?
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  48. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leicester/London
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaarev View Post
    What does the Fuchs say?

    This is what the Fuchs says;

    http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/cit...-2480024.aspx?

    Nigel's a nice guy
    It is never too late to be what you might have been.

  49. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,343

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    From another forum:

    Christian Fuchs had become Schalke's third-best left-back behind Aogo and Kolašinac. Although extremely popular with the fans for his character and work rate, there was no place for him in a Schalke team that badly needs a more stable defence, and his departure in this transfer window was inevitable. Schalke had been desperate to sell him last year and were never going to renew his contract.

    Fuchs functions best in a 3-5-2, whereas his clear defensive weaknesses can be overlooked in favour of his attacking potential. In the past, his crosses for Huntelaar to score had been fruitful, but these have dried up along with his free-kicks and at 29 he isn't going to regain his pace either.

    That said, his all-action style will be a good fit for the Premier League and the move might well provide a much-needed new lease of life for the Austrian captain.

    Overall however, Fuchs' transfer to Leicester confirms a recent trend whereby the Bundesliga now only sells to the Premier League players whom German clubs no longer wish to keep, as their performance to wages ratio is no longer acceptable (see also Prödl, Wollscheid, Podolski, Marin etc.).

  50. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Up North in South Yorkshire surrounded by Wednesday and Blades fans
    Posts
    11,407

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on

  51. #51

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    I love you.

  52. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the safe house with a skinny latte
    Posts
    13,629

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on
    That made me lool, well done MoFo
    We're not down yet...

  53. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: Mawsley

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on
    Awesome.
    Look at my team, my team is amazing

  54. #54
    Alzheimers sufferer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    17,473
    Last FM: TheBlueManiac

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on
    ****ing hell, I'm even laughing at MoFo jokes now. Someone must have spiked my Weetabix.

  55. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In the safe house with a skinny latte
    Posts
    13,629

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Maniac View Post
    ****ing hell, I'm even laughing at MoFo jokes now. Someone must have spiked my Weetabix.
    To be fair, there hasnt been a lot to laugh at this last week
    We're not down yet...

  56. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on
    Outstanding.
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  57. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leicester/London
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on
    Nice
    It is never too late to be what you might have been.

  58. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melton Mowbray (shock)
    Posts
    4,619

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    That's good.
    Scientific Progress Goes "Boink"

  59. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Redditch
    Posts
    5,744

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiSweetChilli View Post
    Great signing from what ive read. Does this mean Schlupp is on his way out? I hope not!

    He isn't the best footballer in the squad but hes only 22 and has the potential to be awesome. Hopefully this will push him to improve even more. I highly doubt we'd sell one of our best prospects.
    But what's really outstanding is his apparant ability to drop 7 years of age . Impressive, I'd like some of that.

  60. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melton Mowbray (shock)
    Posts
    4,619

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Redditch Fox View Post
    But what's really outstanding is his apparant ability to drop 7 years of age . Impressive, I'd like some of that.
    Erm, I think TSC is talking about Schlupp there, Redditch.
    Scientific Progress Goes "Boink"

  61. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Missed this heartwarming little snippet in the Merc. The news we've all been waiting for...

    Meanwhile, Paul Konchesky is also staying with City, despite the club originally announcing his contract extension he signed in January, 2014, expired at the end of the 2014-15 season.

    However, it has now emerged Konchesky has another year on his deal with City and will compete with new signing Christian Fuchs for the left-back berth.
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  62. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    I like Turtles
    Posts
    20,786

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    **** me
    "I touched my head and I could see the blood but it was OK and I will be ready"

  63. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Missed this heartwarming little snippet in the Merc. The news we've all been waiting for...
    "However, it has now emerged......" Quite funny that.
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  64. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fecking
    Posts
    22,186
    Blog Entries
    2
    Last FM: spionfox

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Konchesky has another year on his deal with City and will compete with new signing Christian Fuchs for the left-back berth.
    Fuchs may struggle to get a starting place..............
    "we are crap and you are champions elect" - Rich B 21/04/14

  65. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    6,585

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Missed this heartwarming little snippet in the Merc. The news we've all been waiting for...
    ****s sake.
    SportingNews - aol.sportingnews.com

  66. #66

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    Alfred N'Diaye was the latest target but then they realised it could be a bitter memory for Nigel during a substitution if it was Fuchs off N'Diaye on
    classic !

  67. #67

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaarev View Post
    "However, it has now emerged......" Quite funny that.
    One of the ways NP appears to ingratiate himself with players is to offer them seriously lucrative contracts. In this case, I have read that Konchesky was entitled to an additional year based on appearances. The same happened the previous season with Taylor-Fletcher.

    I can imagine that Konchesky will have about as much of a presence in the team next season as Taylor-Fletcher did in the one just finished. But as a morale booster and way of making players feel indebted to the management, it seems pretty effective.

  68. #68

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Who knows what PK's plans are to move in to coaching either. He seems to have squeezed every bit of talent out of himself to get as far as he did, so he'd probably do well.

  69. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: Mawsley

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Nose View Post
    One of the ways NP appears to ingratiate himself with players is to offer them seriously lucrative contracts.
    Do we have any evidence to support this because all the talk last summer was of him not being prepared to pay over the odds in fees or salary to get any old player here? Moreover, I doubt Pearson does the salary offer - isn't that the DOF's job?
    Look at my team, my team is amazing

  70. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coalville
    Posts
    21,729

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mawsley View Post
    Do we have any evidence to support this
    No

    Mainly because it's completely made up bollocks
    I'm not sick, but I'm not well....

  71. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: Mawsley

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    No

    Mainly because it's completely made up bollocks
    Look at my team, my team is amazing

  72. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    341

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    In my experience it's always been an employee who has ingratiated themselves with the management, not the other way round.

  73. #73

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mawsley View Post
    Do we have any evidence to support this because all the talk last summer was of him not being prepared to pay over the odds in fees or salary to get any old player here? Moreover, I doubt Pearson does the salary offer - isn't that the DOF's job?
    My evidence would be the fact that the playing wage bill under NP has been consistently at least as big as it was under Sven despite the so-called high earners from his era departing (as well as there being a smaller squad). This has to mean that he is paying the players more than we would expect.

    In addition, the bonus's that were paid out for promotion and for retaining our Premier League status were very large compared to those offered elsewhere. This was pointed out in several newspaper articles.

    Also, back to the original point, players do seem to get lengthy contracts under NP. Loads of unproven Premier League players got four year deals last summer, others over 30 seem to get additional one/two year deals with incentives that trigger additional years. It is apparent that players are in no hurry to leave us, even when they aren't playing regularly. This is unlikely to be the case unless they are well rewarded.

    I hasten to add that I don't object to this practice at all. It is just one obvious option a manager can use to encourage loyalty.

    In terms of the DofF role, do you seriously think NP takes no interest or role in contractual negotiations?
    Last edited by Brown Nose; 05-06-2015 at 07:24:04 PM.

  74. #74

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Nose View Post
    My evidence would be the fact that the playing wage bill under NP has been consistently at least as big as it was under Sven despite the so-called high earners from his era departing (as well as there being a smaller squad). This has to mean that he is paying the players more than we would expect.

    In addition, the bonus's that were paid out for promotion and for retaining our Premier League status were very large compared to those offered elsewhere. This was pointed out in several newspaper articles.

    Also, back to the original point, players do seem to get lengthy contracts under NP. Loads of unproven Premier League players got four year deals last summer, others over 30 seem to get additional one/two year deals with incentives that trigger additional years. It is apparent that players are in no hurry to leave us, even when they aren't playing regularly. This is unlikely to be the case unless they are well rewarded.

    I hasten to add that I don't object to this practice at all. It is just one obvious option a manager can use to encourage loyalty.

    In terms of the DofF role, do you seriously think NP takes no interest or role in contractual negotiations?
    I think you make an interesting point BN - it also seems fair to me that Pearson sometimes offers longer than expected contracts to the older guys in the squad.

    I wonder if this is as much for their positive influence as anything else.

    I believe that if you pay people the right amount and look after them they will not be looking to leave. Have we had any players who have handed in a transfer request under Pearson?

  75. #75
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melton Mowbray (shock)
    Posts
    4,619

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by FOX Franks View Post
    I think you make an interesting point BN - it also seems fair to me that Pearson sometimes offers longer than expected contracts to the older guys in the squad.

    I wonder if this is as much for their positive influence as anything else.

    I believe that if you pay people the right amount and look after them they will not be looking to leave. Have we had any players who have handed in a transfer request under Pearson?
    Players rarely hand in transfer requests these days, as it prevents them from receiving a settlement on the remainder of their contract.
    Scientific Progress Goes "Boink"

  76. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: Mawsley

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Nose View Post
    In terms of the DofF role, do you seriously think NP takes no interest or role in contractual negotiations?
    Yep. I reckon the manager of the team just concentrates on playing FIFA15 throughout the entire negation process.
    Look at my team, my team is amazing

  77. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by pork pie fox View Post
    Players rarely hand in transfer requests these days, as it prevents them from receiving a settlement on the remainder of their contract.
    I had almost forgotten that there was something called transfer request!
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  78. #78

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by pork pie fox View Post
    Players rarely hand in transfer requests these days, as it prevents them from receiving a settlement on the remainder of their contract.
    Aye. But there is very little speculation either

  79. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leicester/London
    Posts
    9,005

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaarev View Post
    I had almost forgotten that there was something called transfer request!
    You could put in one and see if you get snapped up by Foxestalk
    It is never too late to be what you might have been.

  80. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houghton on the Hill
    Posts
    3,420

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Konchesky competing for a place against Fuchs is like Junior Lewis saying he is competing for a place against Cambiasso!
    Build a stadium (and a team AND a Manager) and they will come.

  81. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: Mawsley

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by fox58 View Post
    You could put in one and see if you get snapped up by Foxestalk
    I don't think Blaarev is the same calibre of poster as Steven.
    Last edited by Mawsley; 06-06-2015 at 10:41:57 AM.
    Look at my team, my team is amazing

  82. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mawsley View Post
    I don't think Blaarev is the same calibre of poster as Steven.
    Not even at his level? My life is worthless.
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  83. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    10,128
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: Mawsley

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaarev View Post
    Not even at his level? My life is worthless.
    I didn't say which end of the spectrum Steven occupies
    Look at my team, my team is amazing

  84. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mawsley View Post
    I didn't say which end of the spectrum Steven occupies
    No, you didn't.
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  85. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fecking
    Posts
    22,186
    Blog Entries
    2
    Last FM: spionfox

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike - True Blue Tinter View Post
    Konchesky competing for a place against Fuchs is like Junior Lewis saying he is competing for a place against Cambiasso!
    In theory. I will reserve judgement until I've actually seen Fuchs play in our shirt.
    "we are crap and you are champions elect" - Rich B 21/04/14

  86. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Up North in South Yorkshire surrounded by Wednesday and Blades fans
    Posts
    11,407

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by fox58 View Post
    You could put in one and see if you get snapped up by Foxestalk
    If the deal includes a Prediction League to take part in then they could clinch the transfer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mawsley View Post
    I didn't say which end of the spectrum Steven occupies
    Just ask Spion.

  87. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fecking
    Posts
    22,186
    Blog Entries
    2
    Last FM: spionfox

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    Just ask Spion.
    Did I ever tell you he once sent me an abusive PM at silly o'clock in the morning?
    "we are crap and you are champions elect" - Rich B 21/04/14

  88. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melton Mowbray (shock)
    Posts
    4,619

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by spionfox View Post
    Did I ever tell you he once sent me an abusive PM at silly o'clock in the morning?
    Did you reply?
    Scientific Progress Goes "Boink"

  89. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bergen
    Posts
    6,768
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Motown Fox View Post
    If the deal includes a Prediction League to take part in then they could clinch the transfer.
    Hmmmmmm.....
    PL The Double Winner 2014/15, PA Cup Winner 2013/14

  90. #90
    Alzheimers sufferer
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    17,473
    Last FM: TheBlueManiac

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mawsley View Post
    I don't think Blaarev is the same calibre of poster as Steven.
    ****?

  91. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Fecking
    Posts
    22,186
    Blog Entries
    2
    Last FM: spionfox

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by pork pie fox View Post
    Did you reply?
    I ROLFed myself to sleep.
    "we are crap and you are champions elect" - Rich B 21/04/14

  92. #92
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Carlisle, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    Posts
    29,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last FM: jefff66

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by spionfox View Post
    I ROLFed myself to sleep.
    You sexually assaulted your daughter's friend?

  93. #93

    Re: Christian Fuchs

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    You sexually assaulted your daughter's friend?
    Until he fell asleep. If you're going to take the piss Jeff at least tell the whole story

Similar Threads

  1. Christian Benitez
    By Blue Maniac in forum Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-07-2013, 03:34:14 PM
  2. Christian Bermúdez - FAIL
    By SuperScout in forum Archive
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 12:30:00 PM
  3. hans christian anderson
    By lazzer in forum Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-11-2005, 04:23:35 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •